Retro Film Series Jan-Jun 2023 NOW ON SALE!
Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc. prides itself on making the safety of all guests, performers, volunteers and staff its highest priority. We are vigilantly monitoring the constantly evolving situation around the spread Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will continue to do so.
(UPDATE — March 13 — 7:45 p.m. : The Carolina Theatre of Durham will be closed to the public starting at midnight, March 14 to noon on Saturday, March 28.)
We are following the direction and best practices recommended by official local, state and federal agencies, including Durham County Public Health Department, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC), all of whom have helped us with the precautionary measures below.
We suggest that all guests, performers, volunteers and staff obtain their information only from official agencies and trust only schedule changes that are announced by the theatre.
UPDATE — May 18: The following events have been postponed or canceled:
- All first-run and repertory film through April 30.
- An Evening with Amy Grant: March 14 – Postponed to Feb. 3
- Summit Church Services: March 15 – Canceled
- Somewhere South Premiere with Chef Vivian Howard: March 15 – Canceled
- Welcome to Night Vale: March 16 – Postponed to May 16, 2021 – Canceled
- Steve Hackett: Genesis Revisted 2020: March 17 – Postponed to April 6, 2021
- CTD Arts Discovery Educational Series: Sonia De Los Santos: March 18 – Canceled
- Rome & Duddy B Friends & Family Tour: March 18 – Canceled
- LetterKenny Live! : March 19 – Postponed. New Date TBD
- Daddy’s Boys: March 21 – Postponed
- Summit Church Services: March 22 – Canceled
- Chamber Orchestra of the Triangle: March 22 – Canceled
- BANFF Mountain Film Festival World Tour: March 23 – Canceled
- The Unlikely Lesbians of First Friday Screening: March 26 – Canceled
- Gilbert & Sullivan’s Patience (presented by The Durham Savoyards): March 27-29 – Postponed to March 26-28, 2021
- Summit Church Services: March 29 – Canceled
- Kenny Wayne Shepherd: March 31 – Postponed to November 20
- Summit Church: April services postponed until further notice from Governor Roy Cooper.
- Full Frame Documentary Film Festival: April 2-5 – Canceled
- Straight Up with Stassi: April 10 – Postponed to Jan. 29
- CTD Family Saturday Series: Casey Nees Muggle Magic: April 11 – Canceled
- The Last Podcast on the Left: April 13 – Postponed to Aug. 10
- Angel Olsen: April 15 – Canceled
- Zakir Hussain: April 16 – Canceled
- Heather McMahan: April 18 & 19 – Postponed to Aug. 28 & 29
- Hispanic Flamenco Ballet: April 23 – Canceled
- Hater’s Roast: April 23 – Canceled
- The Monti: April 24 – Postponed TBD
- NC Youth Tap Ensemble: Sound In Motion: April 25 & 26 – Postponed to Jan. 2, 2021
- NCCU Eddie Awards Ceremony: April 28 – Canceled
- Meet The Author: Susan Orlean (presented by Durham County Library): April 29 – Canceled
- Benjamin Gibbard: April 30 – Postponed to Oct. 7 – Canceled
- NCLive@ presents Chatham Rabbits CD Release: May 1 – Postponed to Aug. 21
- CTD Family Saturday Series: Violet Bell: May 2 – Canceled
- Simply Diamond: May 2 – Canceled
- Chamber Orchestra of the Triangle: May 3 – Canceled
- Lila Downs: May 5 – Canceled
- Chris Botti: May 7 – Postponed to Dec. 3
- Sal Vulcano: May 8 – Postponed to Nov. 14
- PAYMENTSfn 2020 On Demand (presented by Spreedly): May 13-14 – Canceled
- Durham Ballet Theatre: May 15-16 – Canceled
- Panther Creek H.S. Band Booster Event: May 20 – Canceled
- Johnny Folsom 4: Ain’t No Grave Tour: May 21 – Canceled
- jacksfilms presents: YIAY LIVE! LIVE!: May 23 – Postponed to Jan. 24, 2021
- Jonathan Byrd and the Pick Up Cowboys’ Shake Sugaree: May 27 – Canceled
- Béla Fleck & The Flecktones: May 29 – Postponed, Date TBD
- Happy Together: June 8 – Canceled
- Brian Culbertson: June 24 – Postponed, Date TBD
- OutSouth Queer Film Festival: Aug. 13-16 — Postponed to September 11 and 12
- Bob & Monét’s Sibling Rivalry: Sept. 3 – Postponed, Date TBD
We urge all guests, performers, volunteers and staff to exercise caution and eschew panic. Use your best judgement and keep yourself safe. If you feel sick or have flu-like symptoms, stay home and contact us through the methods below to discuss ticketing policies and exchanges.
Our housekeeping staff always cleans and disinfects the venue after every performance and screening. We are taking the following additional steps to protect our guests, volunteers and staff during the current situation:
- We have increased daily cleaning, including hand rests, backs of seats and doorknobs.
- We have increased the frequency of re-stocking soap and paper towel dispensers in restrooms.
- Four floor-standing hand sanitizer stations have been ordered and will be placed in the lobbies as soon as they arrive.
- Posters regarding hand-washing best practices have been posted in the bathrooms and behind the concession stands.
- We have messaged staff and volunteers regarding best practices regarding hand washing and precautionary cleaning measures.
- Volunteers will not take tickets or phones from guests to scan tickets, instead guests will hold tickets or phones while volunteers scan.
- Concessions staff will not be reusing popcorn bags or cups for free refills. We will provide guests with a new cup and/or bag to reduce possible contact with potentially sick guests.
- We are waving the requirement for a healthcare provider’s note for employees who are sick with any respiratory illness.
We will announce any changes to our schedule via email to ticket holders, on our website (carolinatheatre.org), press release/alert to media and posts to our social media channels at Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
If you have any questions about your next visit or have any other concerns about attending an upcoming performance or screening at the Carolina Theatre of Durham, please call the box office at (919) 560-3030 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday – Friday or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support of the Carolina Theatre of Durham.