NOW HIRING | Check Out Our Job Openings ››
Tour the Carolina
Interested in touring the historic Carolina Theatre?
Below are a list of terms any visiting guest will need to agree to before being able to tour the Carolina Theatre’s historical exhibits:
1. All self-guided visitors must wear the provided wristband at all times.
2. Self-guided tours are only permitted from 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM on Monday through Friday.
3. Self-guided tours are not permitted on days with a scheduled live event or holidays.
4. Self-guided tours must exit by 5:30 PM.
5. Self-guided tours are only permitted in designated exhibit locations.
Groups of at least 25 guests are eligible for a guided tour. If you are interested in a guided tour of the Historic Carolina Theatre, please contact us at email@example.com to schedule a tour in advance.
A Century Downtown | MAIN LOBBY LEVEL
A look at the Carolina Theatre and the artists and films that have appeared over the years. The launching point for the self-guided tour, this exhibit shows how the theater and downtown Durham have evolved over time.
Restoring Hope | FIRST BALCONY LEVEL
A tribute to the dedicated volunteers of the 1970s and 1980s, this exhibit tells the story of Connie Moses and her quest to resurrect and restore the Carolina Theatre and the ballroom that bears her name.
Confronting Change | SECOND BALCONY LEVEL
Taking “no” for an answer was not an option for the heroes that lined Durham streets in peaceful protest in the 1960s. This exhibit tells the story of the desegregation of the Carolina and the people dedicated to making certain their theater, and their community, had equal access for all.