Attendee Vaccination Policy
As of August 20, 2021
As the Carolina Theatre of Durham reopens for events, we want to do so in a manner that is safest for our staff, artists, attendees, volunteers, and event crews. The following policies have been adopted by many artists and venues nation-wide to ensure that the show goes on. We ask for your understanding as things are rapidly changing.
We have invested heavily in safety—adding hospital-grade filtration systems, implementing gold-star cleaning methods, and continuing contact-less systems—to ensure the safest possible facility for our fans. This COVID policy is another step to ensure the highest safety.
Beginning October 4, 2021, the Carolina Theatre of Durham is requiring all guests to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72-hours of your event OR proof of full vaccination prior to entrance to the venue. Additional policies may apply on a show-by-show basis. Please see the show’s event page for full details.
- The City of Durham requires face coverings to be worn at all times while in our building, except when actively eating or drinking. A face cover should be placed over the nose and mouth after each bite or sip.
- For the safety of all, the Carolina Theatre of Durham is requiring that all guests must have received a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours before entry to the venue and provide dated, time-stamped proof of a negative result prior to entering the venue OR be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (at least two weeks after final dose) and provide proof of vaccination – either the original vaccination card, printed or digital copy of the vaccination card. Find a COVID-19 vaccination site or schedule a COVID-19 test.
- Unvaccinated fans with a valid medical restriction will be required to take a COVID-19 diagnostic test within 72-hours before entry to the facility and must provide proof of negative result prior to entering the venue.
- Varied COVID-19 policies may apply to the show you are attending due to artist request. We suggest ticketholders double-check policies for each show they are attending by visiting the event page on our website and our pre-show emails.
- We are working to ensure we are reopening in the safest way possible for staff, artists, crew, fans, and the community at large. We believe it’s much better to take these precautions so we can enjoy shows together rather than go back to no shows at all.
- Health Check entry requirements are listed on the event and ticketing pages. Ticket holders will also be reminded of these details in the pre-event emails they receive ahead of the show.
- For events that may update health requirements after you have purchased your ticket, ticket holders will receive an updated notification alerting them to the change in entry requirements.
- Fans can also visit our website close to show day to see our latest guidelines as things continue to evolve.
- A PCR or antigen COVID-19 test will be accepted – please be sure to bring proof of your negative test result, dated and time-stamped.
- At-home covid tests are not accepted.
- Proof of full vaccination requires the last vaccination dose to be administered at least two weeks prior to the event date. If your dose is from a vaccine series that requires two doses, full vaccination status requirement would be met only 14 days after the second dose. For those guests who have only received the first of two doses, proof of a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test will be required and must be taken within 72 hours prior to the event date.
- For events that require proof of a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test, most events are requiring the test to be taken within 72 hours prior to the event date. Check the event details page for Health Check requirements for your specific event.
- At entry, Event Staff will validate your negative COVID-19 diagnostic test results OR vaccine proof. It is important that you bring the original print, digital or photocopy of your proof before arriving for quick processing. Test results must be dated and time-stamped to be accepted.
- Yes. All venue staff, vendors, and concessionaires will be required to follow the same onsite Health Check requirements as fans. We are all in this together and working by the same guidelines.
- All guests over the age of 12 must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours or full vaccination for entry. The City of Durham is requiring face coverings to be worn while at the theater except while eating or drinking.
- You can find information about where to get vaccinated in Durham County by visiting the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services website.
- You can find more information about where to get tested in Durham County by visiting the county’s public health website.
- Refunds will be available for anyone who submits confirmation of a positive test result in the 72 hours ahead of the show. For tickets purchased through any resale or third-party site, please reach out to your point of purchase directly.