SplatterFlix Film Series | ON SALE NOW >>
Terms and Conditions
SAFETY COMMITMENT: Your safety is our top priority. The Carolina Theatre of Durham has upgraded our HVAC systems and filtration to provide the safest air possible and increased our cleaning to GBAC Star-certified COVID standards. Masks are recommended to be worn while inside the theater but are no longer required unless specified by a particular show. By purchasing event tickets, you are acknowledging that health or safety requirements are subject to change and may be different by the time of your event.
INDIVIDUAL SHOWS MAY HAVE DIFFERENT COVID ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Some shows may require proof of vaccination or a negative test and/or that masks be worn. The specifics of each event’s requirements appear on that show’s event page on Carolina Theatre’s website and are agreed to at the time of purchase. The exact entry requirements in place at the time of the event will also be communicated to all ticket buyers via email prior to the show.
TICKET BROKER WARNING
The Carolina Theatre of Durham does not sell to ticket brokers or resellers and reserves the right to cancel and refund purchases found to be suspect. No tickets are mailed to areas outside our region and emailed tickets later found to be suspect will be cancelled and will not scan at the door. Tickets may not be transferred to a second party without purchaser ID. Only the first scan will allow entry — do not make copies or attempt to sell copies. Resale/attempted resale of a ticket at a price higher than face value is a violation of our terms and grounds for seizure/cancellation without refund. All hard tickets and e-tickets have the original face value of the ticket printed on them.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By your purchase of a ticket or attendance at an event or entrance upon the premises, you agree to these terms, definitions and conditions and as may be updated without notice.
- ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. The Carolina Theatre’s contracts with its artists, rental and outside box office clients do not allow us to process refunds for any reason unless the event has been cancelled
- Everyone 3 years of age and older must have a ticket (2 years old and under will not need a ticket as long as they do not require their own seat). Children under 5 are discouraged except for programming specifically designed for that age group.
- Tickets are invalidated when purchased from an unauthorized source. Only purchase your tickets from the official Carolina Theatre of Durham website or directly from our box office to ensure validity and that you are receiving the best possible price.
- Resale/attempted resale of a ticket at a price higher than face value is a violation of our terms and grounds for seizure/cancellation without refund.
- Only the first scan will allow entry — do not make copies.
- Event, time, date, and location are subject to change. Cancelled events may be rescheduled and tickets will be honored at the rescheduled date. There will generally be no refunds for dates that are postponed or rescheduled. In some limited circumstances, tickets may be refunded if a buyer cannot make the rescheduled date, but any such refunds will not be processed until the alternative date is announced. For the most up to date information on a show’s status, please visit carolinatheatre.org.
- All tickets and fees must be paid for in full at the time of booking
- A customer making a booking on behalf of a group accepts the Carolina Theatre of Durham’s terms and conditions on behalf of all group members and becomes responsible for making all payments due.
- For performances taking place outside of the Carolina Theatre, the Carolina Theatre acts only as a ticket agent for the venue, performing company or society concerned. Tickets are issued per the outside party’s regulations. Customers are advised to contact the outside party directly if they should have any questions that aren’t specifically related to booking tickets.
- Tickets for performances taking place outside the Carolina Theatre will be moved to the outside venue for Will Call pickup on show day.
- Any refunds due to cancellation or unforeseen facility closure will be issued in the amount of the ticket only. Refunds for purchases paid by cash and/or check will be issued within 10 business days by company check payable to the original purchaser. Credit card transactions will be refunded to the original credit card used. The Carolina Theatre is only able to inform customers who have valid contact details in our database. Any customer who buys tickets without giving up to date contact information or buys through a third-party does so at their own risk. Cancelled events may be rescheduled and tickets will be honored at the rescheduled date. There will generally be no refunds for dates that are postponed or rescheduled. In some limited circumstances, tickets may be refunded if a buyer cannot make the rescheduled date, but such refunds will not be processed until the alternative date is announced. For the most up to date information on a show’s status, please visit carolinatheatre.org.
- You agree that you will not attempt to evade, avoid, or circumvent any refund prohibitions in any manner with regard to tickets you purchased. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you will not dispute or otherwise seek a “chargeback” from the company whose credit card you used to purchase tickets. Nor will you attempt any legal action related to a ticket purchase. Should you do so, your tickets are subject to immediate cancellation without refund, and we may, in our sole discretion, refuse to honor pending and future ticket purchases made from all credit card accounts or patron accounts on which such chargebacks have been made, and may prohibit future purchases from all persons in whose name the credit card accounts exist and any person who accesses any associated patron account or credit card or who otherwise breaches this provision. The theater may also seek legal redress or begin collection proceedings against you or any party taking such action.
- Understand that by purchasing tickets from this ticketing site or our box office, you are automatically entered into both the Carolina Theatre patron database and the email and text subscriber lists, with the option to unsubscribe at any time.
- Tickets for sale are intended for purchase by adults only.
- Your safety is our top priority. The Carolina Theatre of Durham has upgraded our HVAC systems and filtration to provide the safest air possible and increased our cleaning to GBAC Star-certified COVID standards. Masks are recommended to be worn while inside the theater but are no longer required unless specified by a particular show. By purchasing event tickets, you are acknowledging that health or safety requirements are subject to change and may be different by the time of your event.
- Will Call orders will be held at the Carolina Theatre Box Office and may be subject to a service charge. You can pick them up at the Box Office prior to the show or get them at the theater door at the Will Call desk on the date of the show at the time specified for doors to open. You must show ID matching the name on the order to pick up tickets.
- Will call name changes can only be made up to 24 hours prior to the event and can only be accommodated in person at the Box Office with original purchaser’s valid ID.
- You can choose to have your tickets mailed to you for a delivery charge. Your tickets will generally be mailed the following business day after you place your order. We cannot guarantee a delivery time frame. Please allow plenty of time from the show start date when placing a mail delivery order.
- You may also choose our free print-at-home ticket option. Your tickets will be emailed to you as a PDF attachment to your order confirmation email. You must print and bring these tickets with you to the theater.
- We may also offer an e-ticket option. E-tickets reside on your phone and must scan from your phone’s screen for admission.
- Carolina Theatre of Durham is committed to providing a safe environment. All patrons and belongings are subject to search upon entry.
- Tickets are for one-time use; no reentry is allowed.
- Weapons, outside food/beverages, water bottles, cameras/audio/video recording devices, large bags/backpacks, and any illegal substances are prohibited.
- No smoking or smoking devices. Security will ask you to return these to your vehicle or discard.
- Profanity/abusive language/intoxication/unruly or disruptive behavior is grounds for ejection.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission or to ask a customer to leave.
- Management reserves the right not to serve alcohol to any patron that is impaired.
- For your protection and comfort, complimentary hearing protection is available at the box office.
- Please arrive on time. The Carolina Theatre will only allow latecomers into the auditorium at a suitable break in the performance (which may be the intermission).
- The use of any form of recording equipment (cameras, video recorders, cell phones) is not permitted in the auditorium.
- You are responsible for any possessions you bring into the theater.
- Wheelchair, companion and transfer seats are available at the Carolina Theatre. Unless all other seats are already sold, these locations are reserved for patrons with mobility issues that specifically need the accommodation that these seats provide. Patrons who purchase these seats and do not need their accommodation will be reseated or ejected without refund.
- Trained service dogs (as defined by Title II & Title III of the ADA) are welcomed on leash or harness at any aisle seat. No other animals are permitted.
Please be advised that the Carolina Theatre of Durham may film or take still photos at any event at the venue for venue promotional, marketing, security, or archival uses. If you attend, you may appear, and you agree to appear, in this or another production, in any and all media now known or later devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, including in advertisements and promotions. Please do not attend if you do not wish to appear. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Carolina Theatre of Durham reserves the right to modify these terms, conditions, and notices at any time without notice.
Lawful Use of the Website
You may visit, view, and retain copies of this site for your own personal use but may not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute information from the site for any purpose other than to view event information and to purchase tickets for personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorized by the Carolina Theatre of Durham.
All content included on the site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, and software is the property of the Carolina Theatre or its content suppliers and is protected by copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of the Carolina Theatre of Durham. The content and software of this site may be used as a shopping resource. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display, or performance, of the content of this site is strictly prohibited.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Carolina Theatre of Durham site may contain links to other websites (“linked sites”). The linked sites are not under control of the Carolina Theatre and the Carolina Theatre is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The theater is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the use of any link does not imply endorsement by the Carolina Theatre of Durham.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
You expressly agree that use of this site is at your own risk. The Carolina Theatre of Durham does not promise that the site will be error-free or uninterrupted. The information, software, products and services included in or available through the Carolina Theatre website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Carolina Theatre may make improvements and/or changes to the website at any time.