NOW HIRING CONCESSIONAIRES | Check Out Our Job Openings ››
The Durham Savoyards presents Gilbert and Sullivan’s The Yeomen of The Guard
Paperhand Puppet Intervention
$8 Per Person | $6 Title One Schools (Plus Taxes and Fees)
Musical Empowerment Presents
Music and Mental Health
Musical Empowerment’s Board Chair, Shaun Andrews, moderates a discussion about mental health and music with a community panel comprised of parents, academic leaders, and teachers.
- Dr. Flavio Frohlich, UNC Neuroscientist
- Joyu Lee, Music Therapist
- Gabbie Consing (former ME@NCSU volunteer), Master’s Student of University at Buffalo
- Soteria Shepperson, Musician, advocate, and Artivist
- Pamela Harkey, High School Counselor, Former Dean of School
This is a free event, however registration is required.
Musical Empowerment is a nonprofit celebrating 20 years of service. Since 2002, Musical Empowerment has offered free music lessons to children from marginalized communities. Our college volunteers not only teach music lessons but also transform their student’s relationship with music! Students with a mentor are more likely to graduate high school, attend college and become mentors themselves.