Retro Film Series Jan-Jun 2023 NOW ON SALE!
We’re very happy to welcome guests back to the Carolina Theatre for film. We’ve missed you!
Our management has always taken the safety and health of all staff and guests very seriously. We’ve followed Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and North Carolina Health and Human Services (NCHHS) guidelines in preparing our venue for reopening.
- Do not enter the building if you are sick or have been sick within the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who is sick.
- Wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose unless eating or drinking.
- Stay at least six feet apart from other people.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Additional Precautions We’ve Taken:
- Online ticket ordering
- Cashless payments
- One-time use masks will be available for any guests who need them
- Temperatures of staff and guests will be taken with a no-contact infrared thermometer
- Limited daily film screenings with staggered start times
- Lobby doors and the house doors will open at the same
- Limited capacities on cinemas, bathrooms and elevators
- Staff will manage control of guest ingress and egress
- New signage communicates polices and guidelines
- Sneeze guards installed at concession stands
- Eight, floor-standing hand sanitizer stations scattered throughout the venue
- Physical distance markers are placed six feet apart on floors in front of stands and box office
- Select doors will be propped open to limit touching surfaces
- Touch-less paper towel dispensers
- Seating rows will be closed to increase distance between guests
- Disinfecting wipes will be available for guests to wipe down their seating area
- Slides before movies highlighting new polices and guidelines
- Drinking fountains have been turned off
- Refunds for movie tickets will be given to any guest who is sick or been in contact with someone who is sick to encourage guests to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Enhanced daily sanitizing measures
- Count on Me NC training completed by Operational Managers.
Carolina Theatre staff will monitor guests in regard to compliance with existing public health recommendations. Anyone not following these recommendations will be refund their purchase and asked to leave.
We’re happy to welcome you back Durham’s favorite home for concerts, comedy and cinema since 1926. We’re all learning together how to best move forward. If you have additional suggestions that we might consider implementing, email us.