Dear Friends of Carolina Theatre,
Above all, we hope you are all healthy and well.
As you know, the theatre is currently closed to the public through April 30, pending further notice from city, state and federal officials. We are thankful for our organization to be in a strong position as we navigate this unique and uncertain time.
We’re working with our programming partners to reschedule live events and educational programming that had to be postponed. We’re also communicating frequently with distributors and studios to assess our future general and repertory film schedule and moving forward with film submissions and planning for the OUTSOUTH: Queer Film Festival August 13-16.
During our temporary closure, we are continuing to employ our full-time salaried staff and were doing the same with part-time staff prior to the mayor’s Stay-At-Home order. We are ever grateful to you, our donors, partners, guests and sponsors. Your continued support and patronage has helped keep our staff employed. Thank you.
Many members and ticket holders have reached out to us to ask how they can support us through this time, which we very much appreciate. Certainly, the following suggestions make a difference, if you are so inclined:
- Upgrading your membership or renewing early
- Holding on to your existing tickets as we work to reschedule live events and films
- Buying a gift card to use in the future
- Support the local artists, service industry workers, local businesses and others who rely heavily on our economic impact to sustain themselves. We want them to survive this too.
- Making a donation to Carolina Theatre of Durham, Inc.
We’re deeply grateful for all the ways you support Carolina Theatre of Durham, now and always. We wish you the best as we all support each other and navigate this new, temporary reality and we will keep you informed as we have any news to share. We look forward to seeing you in our beautiful building as soon as possible.
All the best,
CEO & President